Monday, April 30, 2012

Molato Marco Presents: Spoken Word! Part 2

Hey ya'll! Welcome back! Soooo this one is a little different....I wrote this one back in 2009 for a talent show that I was going to participate in over in T.Q (Al Taqqadum, Iraq). Thanks to my old co-workers for being my 'practice audience' for the whole day I was writing/reciting this, haha. I wanted to go with a different theme, since my 2 previous spoken word pieces were about relationship/love etc...I'm a fan of Milton's 'Paradise Lost' and Dante's 'Divine Comedy' (the whole trilogy actually...good stuff!). Anyway, Enjoy!


Dear Dad,

It's me, your oldest son
You remember me, the 'boldest one'
The only one left out in the cold
Truth be told, I never thought that I would speak to you again
In the beginning it was you and me, 'the father' and 'the son'
Won't bother to go any farther because obviously 'the son' was the one 'the father' didn't want to be bothered with....
Or be the father of
Without a mother all I wanted was my father's love
You would watch little Adam and Eve play in the garden like. all. day! 
I didn't want to believe, but as my heart started to harden a part of me wanted to see. them. all. pay..
I was an outcast before I was cast out!
And you told me to show them love and respect just like I show you I told you I wouldn't do it!
Because you get the best of me, while they're getting the best of me, like a joke, as in jest
So I choke because that's something my pride just won't ingest
It was hard to swallow, I wallowed in grief and pain
Until my voice was void of reverence when I would speak your name
I had no choice BUT to be annoyed, things were no longer the same

I went from 'Number 1 Son' to just a number
Oh the irony, i can see it now finally!
For how can I be proud
I lost myself to the point where you couldn't find me in a crowd, of mirrors
But like the silver lining of a cloud
I allowed myself to be blind, reminding me of how, 'hope springs eternal'...
Truly ignorance was bliss

What was so wrong with me wanting to be grown too?
'Like father, like son'
I would build my own home, sit on my very own throne!
If the roles were reversed I would never disown you!
But I supposed that I'm cursed, opposed to your own views
I guess, me being second best was the first sign
Normally alert but caught off guard at the worst time
I felt sad and hurt for the first time
You replace me and expect things to work fine!? 

Meticulous, but never careless because apparently I've got my character flaws
Ridiculous the pain inflicted from a parent could cause
If only I could sleep....
And awaken in paradise...lost..alone 
That bright light that my life shone? For what I was named after?
Diminished in a flash, my heart hardened to stone
I guess I wasn't 'worthy'
I bore witness to his 'mercy'
He didn't care that it would hurt me, never heard of love being the reason that you'd desert me
But the fate that I've suffered is all part of the plan:
A snake, A garden, the downfall of Man

Sincerely and with all the love I possess,
Lucifer, your son......

No comments:

Post a Comment